The Music Director will develop, prepare, and lead music for the blended contemporary/traditional worship service and will be responsible to the Pastor.
* Bachelor's degree or higher, in-progress or earned
* Strong vocal and keyboard proficiency. A high degree of skill on the keyboard is ESSENTIAL. The ability to play the organ and other instruments is a plus.
* An ability to lead and direct music vocally from the keyboard
* Sight-read, write, and perform from music charts, lead sheets and grand staff notation.
* The ability to teach and coach assigned or improvised vocal parts
* The ability to deconstruct music for inexperienced musicians
* A basic knowledge of sound reinforcement systems and audio mixing
* An ability to encourage the giftedness and creativity of others
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Familiarity with current contemporary Christian music is essential, as well as the ability to bring new life to traditional hymns
* A sense of humor
* Select contemporary praise music and hymns, assemble charts, and assign parts for each Sunday
* Communicate with the Pastor; participate in meetings as needed for service planning, flow, content, and transitions.
* Lead weekly rehearsals on Saturday mornings from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm.
* Lead, develop, and shepherd a team of volunteer musicians and audio/visual technicians.
* Recruit new musical talent
* Maintain and expand existing praise music repertoire
Terms of position:
* Non-exempt Hourly Employee
* Wages negotiable based on ability and experience
* Hours: up to 12 hours per week, including Sunday worship services
Interested candidates should provide contact information, a cover letter, a resume, and references
Penn Wynne Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) is a small diverse congregation located immediately west of Philadelphia in Penn Wynne, PA in Lower Merion Township. The congregation is committed to inclusivity and welcomes the LGBTQ community.